For Therapists – Work at Plumeria
Working at Plumeria Counseling Center – Licensed Therapists (LPCs, LCSWs, and LMFTs)
Why work with Plumeria? We offer the opportunity to work with a thriving practice where you can focus on providing counseling, and not all the administrative concerns that can take up precious hours in your week. Plumeria is not a ‘typical’ group practice. Instead we offer the best of a private practice environment – lots of autonomy and flexibility, with all of the necessary administrative supports.
What kind of Therapist makes a ‘best fit’ for Plumeria:
- Self Starter, enjoy working for yourself, on your own terms
- Highly committed to your own self care practice
- Engaged in continuing learning opportunities to deepen your skills and practice
- Desire to start a private practice for some time – or have had one – but do NOT want all the administrative functions/responsibilities that come along with a busy practice
- Can commit to 15-20 hours a week at a minimum, virtual or in person (very flexible according to your schedule)
- Willingness to see Insurance clients (we handle all credentialing and billing)
What we provide at Plumeria:
- Contract worker status – you are your own boss
- Office manager and receptionist services
- Full insurance credentialing (no upfront costs)
- Billing services (including insurance)
- Get paid within Plumeria pay period – no wait for insurance payments
- Plumeria handles all denials/appeals
- All payments collected from clients
- Scheduling and reception services – all calls returned within 24 hours
- Access to Theranest clinical record software
- Percentage of Insurance payments OR hourly fee for private practice (pay ONLY for space used)
- You set your own private practice rates ($125 and up)
- Monthly lunch and learns
- Ongoing and on demand peer consultation
- Warm, supportive community of 20+ therapists of various skills and backgrounds
Scroll down to see how to apply to be a therapist with Plumeria.
Plumeria Counseling Center’s Internship Program
Part of what makes Plumeria Counseling Center unique is that we operate as a teaching clinic, meaning we utilize master-level post-graduate interns, along with fully licensed professionals, to provide counseling services to the community. This allows us to offer clinical services for fees that are more affordable to people at various income levels.
The ideals of Quality Service and Excellence in Counseling are at the heart of everything we do at Plumeria. We only accept the most advanced and talented interns to provide services to our clients. Our carefully selected post-graduate interns are supervised by highly experienced and qualified licensed professionals, and have proven themselves as excellent service providers and mentors.
For Post-Graduate Interns Interested in Applying
As an intern clinician at Plumeria, you are working in an autonomous, private practice setting. As such, we prefer that you have at least 2 years of paid work experience in the mental health field. You set your own hours and practice in a contract capacity. You will have access to private office space for client sessions, advertising and marketing through Plumeria’s website, reception services (appointment setting, some client referrals), and basic forms, policies, and supplies necessary to provide services to your clients. Plumeria offers a supportive atmosphere where you will have access to the Clinical Director, as well as multiple therapists in a variety of specialties – in addition to your primary, designated licensed supervisor. We want to ensure that you always have access to support, whether you’d like to do a quick case consult regarding a client, have a practical question, or need clarification on procedure. We also offer ongoing support and coaching on marketing your skills in a private practice setting.
What do we need from you? A minimum of 10 hours of availability per week, and the commitment and drive to build your own practice. Launching a private practice, even in an internship context, takes time and energy – lots of it! Are you committed to see this through? Are you prepared to spend time working on your business – outside of your client hours? We can provide you with some referrals – but to get people calling and asking for YOU will require more of your unique effort.
Because options for paid internships in a private practice setting in the Austin community are very limited, the number of open Intern positions at Plumeria is limited and very selective. Maintaining a maximum number of First Year & Senior Interns at any given time affords our intern clinicians the time and ability to build a respectable client caseload, and to access a solid support team to assist in working with that caseload. We offer a regularly scheduled (monthly) peer consultation and lunch and learns, open to both interns and licensed professionals, and the Clinical Director is always available for issues that arise.
At the end of the internship, Plumeria’s interns may be invited to remain a member of our practice, if mutually desired.
To Apply – Licensed Therapists or Internships
Simply email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following attachments:
- Letter of Interest, including responses to each of the following questions